Welcome to the WolfJ Forum

Not sure how you found our little community in this strange corner of the internet but welcome!

Please click here to read about this forum and why it exists.

Recent Posts

Pages:  [1] 2 ... 7
Game Modifications / Re: Odd controllers
« Last Post by Wolf on September 30, 2022, 03:17:30 PM »
This isn't an odd controller more of an off-brand/3rd party one but I used an afterglow Xbox 360 controller before switching to dual shock 4 and it was the best 3rd party controller I had ever used. Plus yay for wired!

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  
« Last Post by Disco on September 20, 2022, 10:05:58 AM »
Wish I could still use it, mine all broke and I never lifted a hand on them, they all broke from usage and they all broke on the RB button in the span of about 8-10 months after I got them. Feels real bad. Had to switch to a dualshock 4 and I also got the 2 back button extention for it so I could somewhat emulate the steam controller with its back buttons.
« Last Post by Zelsias on September 19, 2022, 09:03:49 PM »
Honestly the versatility it gives to the user is awesome, the only downside is that some parts do wear down after some time of use.
I am happy that there are people out there still using it!
« Last Post by Disco on September 18, 2022, 11:28:51 PM »
Absolutely amazing controller, used nothing but it for 3 years while playing For Honor, was disgustingly overpowered in my opinion in that game due to the way the guard system works.

But I went through like 4 of them (got 2 free because under warranty) because it has a big flaw I found out during usage. After a while you can break the little plastic switch inside the LB and RB buttons that make them go click. Since its plastic it can only bend so many times, and incidentally For Honor's light attack button was RB. So all 4 controllers I went trough eventually broke there. Never was able to fix it and trust me I tried.

Still a great controller though. Pic of my first one that I ever got from November 2017
  [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  
Game Modifications / Odd controllers
« Last Post by Zelsias on September 17, 2022, 03:42:08 AM »
sooooo here I am minding my business when guess what, I remember I have a 2018 Valve steam Controller, yes, not a steam deck, a steam controller, and I am wondering, is there people out there using odd controllers on pc? so I made this topic just to comment on odd tipes of controllers be it the already mentioned steam controller or the apple pippin controller (which god knows what the hell apple was smoking when they created it.... give me some of that cause ngl it was weird but awesome in its own way) and that is all, I just want to know about weird controllers.

(the steam controller for example has two trackpads instead of the right joystick and the d-pad honestly its comfy af and after some tweaking it feels awesome to use)
Forum Updates / Forum Updates September 2022
« Last Post by Wolf on September 16, 2022, 03:59:07 PM »
This is just a quick update to some of the changes I've made to the forum

The first big change is moving the forum from the main directory to /forum. Just allows having my personal website on my domain at the front. I've cleared up some stuff that was laying unused on the forum and removed a bunch of stuff like mods or added a couple of things which you can read about below.

• Removed the home page portal
  • Minecraft Server Status is now at the bottom of the forum
  • Removed Activity bar from profiles
  • Removed Profile Comments
  • Removed Team Page
  • Removed Gallery
  • Removed mod that showed avatar size to avoid confusion as the forum auto resizes anyway
  • Removed the Referrals System
  • Disabled Karma system (Was that little rep plus and minus on post view)
  • Disabled Clendar
  • Disabled post rating for now
  • Fixed a bunch of broken links

Thanks to everyone who's joined the server so far and been posting as it means a lot. If you have any questions or comments then feel free to reply to this topic. ~Wolf
Game Modifications / Re: Old Logitech MOMO wheel as gran turismo DFP wheel?!?!
« Last Post by Zelsias on September 13, 2022, 10:54:59 PM »
I just completed the modifications and its interesting how the wheel still would not register more than 270 degrees, although I was prepared and made a new encoding gear to compensate XD
Also regarding the logitech driver backup, I have one thanks to an older tech guru but still its a special case with the logitech profiler software.
« Last Post by Wolf on September 13, 2022, 03:12:31 PM »
Hmm very interesting and great ready but not surprising given the issues I've had with Logitech myself. I used to have an original Logitech C270 720P webcam that I had for around 10 years. It was so old when you reinstalled the driver it would display a popup about registering it for warranty but would always return a 404 error inside the window.

Anyway, Logitech remade the C270 years later with basically the same product name, and improved internals but the same design on the outside apart from the new Logitech logo. The issue is when you looked up drivers for the C270 it would take you to the same page that existed for the old model but if you download the driver it would only work for the new C270, not the old one so you'd have too scroll back a few pages to find an older driver for the original C270.

Great advice from me is if you have older hardware keep drivers or software backed up somewhere. And Logitech use different product names or skews to stop confusing us.

More good to see if you do any more modifications to this in the future!

Also, tip for the forum try using code bbtags cause it helps people copy stuff like code snips for the register you posted.

Code: (windows reg) [Select]
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6015095D-C4AE-11D1-B59B-00A0C9971EFC}

Like that above cause still like OEM data you can just click select and easily copy

More helpful info here
« Last Post by Zelsias on September 12, 2022, 01:16:30 PM »
If anyone wants to do something similar then have this info:
This info is for the registry edits needed to change how windows recognises the Wheel.

Altough Logitech Profiler still shows it as a MOMO Wheel.

Registry changes, don't use the quote mark: ( NOT sure wether it is necessary to do all these changes... )

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6015095D-C4AE-11D1-B59B-00A0C9971EFC}

Change value of (default) REG_SZ from "Logitech MOMO Force Game Controller Properties DLL" to "Logitech Driving Force Pro Game Controller Properties DLL"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_CA03

Change OEMData from "41 00 08 10 0a 00 00 00" to "01 43 00 08 10 0e 00 00 00"

Change OEMName from "Logitech MOMO Racing USB" to "Logitech Driving Force Pro USB"

Change ConfigCLSID from "{60150961-C4AE-11D1-B59B-00A0C9971EFC}" to "{6015096A-C4AE-11D1-B59B-00A0C9971EFC}"
Game Modifications / Old Logitech MOMO wheel as gran turismo DFP wheel?!?!
« Last Post by Zelsias on September 12, 2022, 12:23:34 PM »
Ok so aparently by messing with the windows registry you can actually make a Logitech MOMO wheel to be treated as a logitech Driving force pro (basically a similar wheel from logitech that has 900° steering compared to the MOMO 270° steering......) its weird and janky but now I just need to remove the metal plate inside to get the full 900° degrees of freedom, might do an update on that later but I am planning on making new limiters so I can use it as a DFP (driving force pro) without the fear of it breaking down on the software side.

https://i.ibb.co/xD18QpZ/IMG-6895.jpg

Pages:  [1] 2 ... 7