Welcome to the WolfJ Forum

Not sure how you found our little community in this strange corner of the internet but welcome!

Please click here to read about this forum and why it exists.

Author Topic: Odd controllers  (Read 126 times)

Offline Zelsias

• Amateur Tinkerer and curios little guy
    • View Profile
  • Badges: BuilderPlayer on Wolfj Minecraft Server
Odd controllers
« on: September 17, 2022, 03:42:08 AM »
sooooo here I am minding my business when guess what, I remember I have a 2018 Valve steam Controller, yes, not a steam deck, a steam controller, and I am wondering, is there people out there using odd controllers on pc? so I made this topic just to comment on odd tipes of controllers be it the already mentioned steam controller or the apple pippin controller (which god knows what the hell apple was smoking when they created it.... give me some of that cause ngl it was weird but awesome in its own way) and that is all, I just want to know about weird controllers.

(the steam controller for example has two trackpads instead of the right joystick and the d-pad honestly its comfy af and after some tweaking it feels awesome to use)
The Best People Have Rough Starts

Offline Disco

• Wolf's Favourite
  • Bulletproof
    • View Profile
  • Badges: BuilderVeteranDonatorMinecraft Player
Re: Odd controllers
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 11:28:51 PM »
Absolutely amazing controller, used nothing but it for 3 years while playing For Honor, was disgustingly overpowered in my opinion in that game due to the way the guard system works.

But I went through like 4 of them (got 2 free because under warranty) because it has a big flaw I found out during usage. After a while you can break the little plastic switch inside the LB and RB buttons that make them go click. Since its plastic it can only bend so many times, and incidentally For Honor's light attack button was RB. So all 4 controllers I went trough eventually broke there. Never was able to fix it and trust me I tried.

Still a great controller though. Pic of my first one that I ever got from November 2017
  [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  
There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you cannot view or download
  • IMAG1457.jpg
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 11:31:08 PM by Disco »

"Hate is a place where a man who can't stand sadness goes."

Offline Zelsias

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 09:03:49 PM »
Honestly the versatility it gives to the user is awesome, the only downside is that some parts do wear down after some time of use.
I am happy that there are people out there still using it!

Offline Disco

• Wolf's Favourite
  • Bulletproof
    • View Profile
  • Badges: BuilderVeteranDonatorMinecraft Player
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 10:05:58 AM »
Wish I could still use it, mine all broke and I never lifted a hand on them, they all broke from usage and they all broke on the RB button in the span of about 8-10 months after I got them. Feels real bad. Had to switch to a dualshock 4 and I also got the 2 back button extention for it so I could somewhat emulate the steam controller with its back buttons.

"Hate is a place where a man who can't stand sadness goes."

Offline Wolf

• Community Owner
  • Wolf Amoung Men
    • View Profile
    • Wolfj Forum
  • Badges: BuilderVeteranWolfDonatorMinecraft Player
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2022, 03:17:30 PM »
This isn't an odd controller more of an off-brand/3rd party one but I used an afterglow Xbox 360 controller before switching to dual shock 4 and it was the best 3rd party controller I had ever used. Plus yay for wired!

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  
There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you cannot view or download
  • 71lcYAxFRBL._SL1058_.jpg

"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long"

Offline Zelsias

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2022, 01:29:07 AM »
I had been thinking of a way to reply with more stuff but just now I had a great idea moment...
I use a laptop as my daily driver but I also have macros for university and all that shit, well.... Where the f**k do I put macros in a laptop? Well the answer is a macropad or something with macro capabillitites, now I could have modded a keyboard and done it on the cheap but I prefered the portabillity of my laptop as well as the possibilities of macros soooo here is my daily driver macro/gaming pad XD
https://i.ibb.co/sgL1d63/IMG-7118.jpgOdd controllers

Its a razer tartarus pro and got damn it feels good to use, and the macro compatibility is great! It also has an xinput option that simulates analog sticks with optomechanical switches and on top of all of that its small enough to carry around without it being a burden.