Welcome to the WolfJ Forum

Not sure how you found our little community in this strange corner of the internet but welcome!

Please click here to read about this forum and why it exists.

Author Topic: Old Logitech MOMO wheel as gran turismo DFP wheel?!?!  (Read 47 times)

Offline Zelsias

• Amateur Tinkerer and curios little guy
    • View Profile
  • Badges: BuilderPlayer on Wolfj Minecraft Server
Old Logitech MOMO wheel as gran turismo DFP wheel?!?!
« on: September 12, 2022, 12:23:34 PM »
Ok so aparently by messing with the windows registry you can actually make a Logitech MOMO wheel to be treated as a logitech Driving force pro (basically a similar wheel from logitech that has 900° steering compared to the MOMO 270° steering......) its weird and janky but now I just need to remove the metal plate inside to get the full 900° degrees of freedom, might do an update on that later but I am planning on making new limiters so I can use it as a DFP (driving force pro) without the fear of it breaking down on the software side.

https://i.ibb.co/xD18QpZ/IMG-6895.jpgOld Logitech MOMO wheel as gran turismo DFP wheel?!?!

The Best People Have Rough Starts

Offline Zelsias

• View Profile
Re: Old Logitech MOMO wheel as gran turismo DFP wheel?!?!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 01:16:30 PM »
If anyone wants to do something similar then have this info:
This info is for the registry edits needed to change how windows recognises the Wheel.

Altough Logitech Profiler still shows it as a MOMO Wheel.

Registry changes, don't use the quote mark: ( NOT sure wether it is necessary to do all these changes... )

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6015095D-C4AE-11D1-B59B-00A0C9971EFC}

Change value of (default) REG_SZ from "Logitech MOMO Force Game Controller Properties DLL" to "Logitech Driving Force Pro Game Controller Properties DLL"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_CA03

Change OEMData from "41 00 08 10 0a 00 00 00" to "01 43 00 08 10 0e 00 00 00"

Change OEMName from "Logitech MOMO Racing USB" to "Logitech Driving Force Pro USB"

Change ConfigCLSID from "{60150961-C4AE-11D1-B59B-00A0C9971EFC}" to "{6015096A-C4AE-11D1-B59B-00A0C9971EFC}"

Offline Wolf

• Community Owner
  • Wolf Amoung Men
    • View Profile
    • Wolfj Forum
  • Badges: BuilderVeteranWolfDonatorMinecraft Player
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 03:12:31 PM »
Hmm very interesting and great ready but not surprising given the issues I've had with Logitech myself. I used to have an original Logitech C270 720P webcam that I had for around 10 years. It was so old when you reinstalled the driver it would display a popup about registering it for warranty but would always return a 404 error inside the window.

Anyway, Logitech remade the C270 years later with basically the same product name, and improved internals but the same design on the outside apart from the new Logitech logo. The issue is when you looked up drivers for the C270 it would take you to the same page that existed for the old model but if you download the driver it would only work for the new C270, not the old one so you'd have too scroll back a few pages to find an older driver for the original C270.

Great advice from me is if you have older hardware keep drivers or software backed up somewhere. And Logitech use different product names or skews to stop confusing us.

More good to see if you do any more modifications to this in the future!

Also, tip for the forum try using code bbtags cause it helps people copy stuff like code snips for the register you posted.

Code: (windows reg) [Select]
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6015095D-C4AE-11D1-B59B-00A0C9971EFC}

Like that above cause still like OEM data you can just click select and easily copy

More helpful info here

"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long"

Offline Zelsias

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 10:54:59 PM »
I just completed the modifications and its interesting how the wheel still would not register more than 270 degrees, although I was prepared and made a new encoding gear to compensate XD
Also regarding the logitech driver backup, I have one thanks to an older tech guru but still its a special case with the logitech profiler software.